Monday, March 28, 2011

Jealousy: Harlem

What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up like a raisin in the sun?
It is so realistic that is what makes me jealous of this. It creates a visual image in my head and I really like that. I think that this is true also which makes me jealous of this. A dream that is deferred is as good as gone.
You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise
This poem inspires me to do better and when you can make that connection with your readers you know you have written a great poem. It also makes me feel good inside while reading it, I thouroughly enjoy reading this poem cause it makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. i admire these two poem also. and do you think the poems in the east region get read more because they are at the front of the book? just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i read this poem in my eniglish class at the beginning of the year--and i dont have it memorized but, i remember the feeling i had while reading it. it made me feel happy-but also determined. determined to not be that person to have their dreamed deferred.

    ReplyDelete